Matt and I are off to Colorado for our first anniversary trip on Friday. We have been so excited about this trip, probably since last summer when we knew we wanted to go together. We both love nature, hiking, marveling at creation, fishing, camping, and sight-seeing. It seems like we're going to be able to do all of the above on our upcoming trip.
We've decided to mostly hang out around our cabin, doing some light hiking and fly fishing. However, for 2 days, we are taking a long overnight backpacking trip up to the continental divide and back down! (roundtrip: 20 miles.) This will be an adventure. Matt has never done this before, and I've been backpacking but never that far.
It should be a good test of the new marriage ;-)
We're also taking a day to drive around to some of the cute resort towns around the area. The goal is to have a good time, chat some locals, eat some good food, (have a chance to look cute and not like a crazy, hairy mountain woman), and scope out some potential places to live when we get the itch to move there.
We're also appeasing Matt by taking a four-wheel drive road up through a treacherous pass. Perrrrrfect.
We'll update while we're there and when we get back down off the mountain. I may never come back, now that I think about it. Wait, I have to. Im going to miss my Wiley dog so much while we're gone. Next year, the dog comes too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment