Well, as usual, the holidays are FLYING by! We got our tree all decorated and pretty with our ornaments and lights. And now with presents underneath it, it looks complete! Ive spent a lot of time wrapping and playing elf!
Last weekend we were in Fredericksburg to celebrate Christmas with Matt's family. It was lots of fun! We went to Main Street Friday night to see the lights and eat dinner. Saturday morning, Matt and I got up at 5am to go deer hunting! We drove up to the ranch and parked the truck right at daylight. We then spent the next few hours walking around quietly looking for deer. I am not very good at being quiet for this long, so it was a struggle. I mean, I can sit in a blind and whisper-talk for a few hours, but the walking thing and creeping around? Not so much. BUT! Im very proud to say that I spotted a HUGE buck and showed it to Matt! We did not shoot it, but he did get a doe for meat. So all in all, a success! We went back to Fredericksburg to open presents and eat lots of great holiday food. Sunday was spent going to church... and processing FOUR deer! We had a great system going, an assembly line of all 12 of us, so we got them knocked out really fast. Free lean meat! yay!
Matt's pre-op appointment for his knee surgery was yesterday, so we got more information. It will be January 11th, and it will be outpatient, so no nights in the hospital! I really like the doctor, and he does these all the time, so that put me at ease. My mom is coming up to help out and be with me, so that will be nice :-) thanks mom! Love you!
Matt and I had our little Christmas last night - in the middle of me baking pies and cookies. He got me some REALLY cute TOMS shoes! They are green (favorite color). He did good! He also got me a movie I wanted....
We leave tonight to go to Ft. Worth for the rest of Christmas with my extended family. Im excited for all the food and fun! Wiley can't wait to see all his cousins and grandparents and great-grandparents! (their terms of endearment, not mine....) ;-)
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment