Completely contradicting the title of this post, it is actually pouring rain in Bryan right now... absolutely flooding. The auditors that are here this week took our office out to lunch (BBQ, Mmmm!) and on the way back I had my windshield wipers in panic-mode-high-speed, and I still had trouble seeing! The funny thing is.... Matt watered the lawn last night. Doesn't that always happen? I should have washed my car, too, and seen what happened. Tornado? Hurricane?
Anyways, SUMMER is officially here, apparently. I counted it as summer long before the solstice, and I believe that the solstice must be what yankees use to tell if summer is upon them. In Texas, all you need is a thermometer. It's been summer since May, easily. The day I had to stop running outside at 4:30pm because I was going to have a heat stroke was the day it became summer.
And along with summer, comes summer trips! We're going to our sister/brother-in-laws house to swim this weekend in NRH with the fam, and have a big joint birthday celebration for summer birthdays. The weekend of the Fourth, we're going to Matt's brother Jake's girlfriend's parent's lake house. Did you get that? My brother-in-law Jake has a girlfriend named Cortney, and her parents have a lake house and wakeboarding/waterskiing boat. Needless to say, Im pretty tan already from the beach and I only foresee my tan getting darker. Exciting for the girl that turns yellow underneath her flourescent lights in the office all day, all year. We have every weekend booked up til August, and every single one will be spent with family or at weddings, and mostly outside. I LOVE SUMMER. Let me leave you with a few words from my boys, the Beatles:
Here comes the sun, Here comes the sun, and I say it's all right....
Little darling, its been a long cold lonely winter.
Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here.
Here comes the sun, Here comes the sun, and I say it's all right
Little darling, the smiles returning to the faces.
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been here.
Here comes the sun, Here comes the sun, and I say it's all right.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment