We went to Port Aransas this past weekend for my mom's birthday (I wont tell you how old she is, she may catch wind of it and spank me) and for Father's Day. Port A is our favorite family place to go. It's only 3 hours from San Antonio, so we went there a lot growing up. From Bryan, its almost 5 hours! Matt and I left Friday after he got home from work, so we didnt show up to the condo til almost 11. We decided to take Wiley with us for his very first beach trip! We were a little skeptical about how he was going to react to the water... he's definitely NOT a water dog. However, seeing as how he loves to dig in the back yard, we were hoping he'd dig a lot in the sand and get it all out of his system before we came back home! He did fairly well in the surf and played in the shallow waves. As soon as a wave hit him in the face though, he wasn't having any more of that. The funniest part was the face he would make when it would go in his mouth. Hilarious. He'd forget it was salt water, try to drink it, and then sneeze and stick his tongue out. He acts like a little kid sometimes, I swear.
Anyways, Friday night was an interesting night. There was a bachelor party in the condo above us on the 3rd floor, and they were CRAZY. Im all for fun and games, but this was OVER THE TOP. We could hear their music and chants of "Shot! Shot! Shot!" in the parking lot. Three stories and 30 yards away. My dad had gone up there to chat with them earlier about their deadline of midnight, and after that point we were going to be calling the cops for noise. As expected, they got twice as bad. They were on the balcony throwing beer cans off after they chugged them, and they were landing on our balcony (which we were sitting on and trying to enjoy). The point of no return was: urinating off the balcony. Yes, you heard that right. I was sitting on the balcony as an inibriated man above me urinated. The wind was blowing. I was furious.
I yelled a few words at him that Im not proud of, and ran inside to tell my dad what had happened. Big mistake. 911 was called. Police AND constable came. Guy was arrested. Other guys were evicted from the condo and cited. The end. Want to hear the best part of the whole thing? The guy who went to jail had to have his mommy and daddy come bail him out and they were ALL wearing Baylor shirts.. I LOVE IT!
Saturday brought peace and quiet (ahhhh!) as we relaxed on the beach and tried to forget the night before. My dad took Wiley swimming in the surf over his head (poor little guy) and I went out there to save him. As he swam towards me, his claw came in contact with my hand, hooked my Aggie ring, and flung it into the ocean. In the surf, never to be seen again! I was in shock. I started diving immediately to find it. Waves were pushing me around and I was gulping for breath. My adrenaline causes me to lose my breath quickly I think, because I had an underwater limit of about 5 seconds. Everything I ran my hand across on the bottom of the ocean was a seashell. My ring was gone. About that point, my mom came to save Wiley, who had fallen by the wayside and was still swimming around. My dad was feeling along the bottom with his feet, and came across something hard. It was a seashell. He came across something else, and he just KNEW it was my ring. I was skeptical, but I swam over to check it out anyway, as he held his position against the crashing waves. I found his leg and shimmied down it and dug something out from under his foot. As I washed the sand off, I realized it had a hole through it. IT WAS MY RING! I was elated and my dad and I started jumping around screaming and hugging. A couple in the surf next to us looked at us like we were CRAZY but I could have cared less. Now for those that dont know, the Aggie ring (to Aggies) is just as important as the wedding ring. I was going to be so depressed if it was lost. Seeing as how I can't afford to buy another one right now, I would have been ringless.
After wayyyy too much excitement packed into one weekend, we had a nice quiet dinner in the condo and did birthday presents and Father's Day presents. We went to bed fairly early with no one above us stomping and yelling. Sunday we went back out to the beach for more peace and quiet. Ahhhh. I can almost smell the salty air as I write this and look down at the Aggie ring on my hand.
Hope you had a happy Father's Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment